Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Beautiful Silence


















Last week while out photographing the Milky Way I did see a little bit of aurora glow as well.  It was barely visible to the naked eye but showed up more prominently in this long exposure photo.  The most notable quality of that night was the silence.  To hear that silence you need to push everything out of your mind and let yourself truly be in that moment.  It's not an easy thing to do.  Our minds tend to always be running with some sort of thought or memory.  I know mine is like that.  Our subconscious is always replaying that day's events, or thinking about what might happen tomorrow.  Most of the time I don't think we even realize it.  That's why I like the night sky so much.  It's the easiest way I can quiet my mind and just be there in the present.  When I'm gazing up at the sky, especially on such a quiet night, I feel utterly and completely relaxed and refreshed.  It's one of the best ways, in my opinion, to balance out the clutter and commotion of modern life.  

No comments: