Monday, July 25, 2022

Night Adventures with Night Roamer


 









Here are a few more images from my night photography adventure this past Friday night/Saturday morning. By this time of year the Milky Way is already quite vertical in the night sky, a stark contrast to the low angle it is at earlier in the year. I was able to find a composition that I really liked with the ribbon of the Milky Way lining up in between some nice pine trees with a forested ridge in the background.

While this view was happening to the south, the northern lights were happily glowing to the north. At first it was a soft green glow that hung low to the horizon but eventually some purple hues showed up too. Shout out to Night Roamer, my Jeep, for without it I would not be able to so easily access areas such as this. Some of my most favorite locations for night sky photography are down some very rough logging roads.  The Jeep handles these roads without issue. Other than my camera gear itself, it has been one of my most valuable (not to mention most expensive!) photography tools. 

I don't know what happened exactly with the photo showing the moon, the photo ended up with this really weird halo around the moon.  I've never seen anything like it.  It didn't happen with any of the other photos that I made that night. I'm guessing just the center of my lens was starting to fog up a little when that photo was made, and the fog on the lens diffused the moonlight making the halo effect. 























No comments: