Monday, May 30, 2022

Warbler Surprise


















About ten days ago I was out for a hike on a local forest road and decided to sit down for a while at a high point overlooking a valley.  Not long after sitting down some birds showed up on some nearby willow branches.  They looked pretty colorful so I walked closer then sat down on the ground to watch.  After a couple of minutes the birds were coming in quite close and I could see that they were going after some small bugs that were flying around.  It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon so I sat there for a quite a while just enjoying the views of the birds and the warmth of the sun. I managed to get a few really nice photos too. These two shots with a Black-throated Green Warbler and willow branch isolated against the sky were my favorite images of the day. 



No comments: