Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Unexpected Beauty


 









I like finding beauty in the most unexpected of places. You might not think that a mud puddle in the middle of a gravel forest road would yield something so mesmerizing, and yet it most definitely can. Recently while driving down one such dirt road as our deep snow cover was rapidly melting, I stopped to get out and take some photos of the forest.  I never thought I would spend the next 10 minutes or so staring straight down at the road into a mud puddle. I had just driven through this puddle so the sediment was agitated.  The puddle must have had a slight elevation change throughout, as the sediment was following the slightest of currents. Its movement made for some really intriguing patterns and a set of photos that I was surprised to like as much as I do. 












No comments: