Friday, February 17, 2023

Moonrise over Rock of Ages


 









I was looking through some older photo folders today and came across this image which I really found intriguing. At first glance it really didn't look like much but the more I looked at it the more I liked the simplicity of it. And I love how the moon looks through the clouds.  Then I noticed the lighthouse.  If you look closely (you might have to zoom in on the image), you can see Rock of Ages Lighthouse on the horizon. 

I photographed this from the mainland in Grand Portage, MN using a Tamron 150-600mm lens at 420mm.  From this vantage point, Rock of Ages is more than 16 miles away from mainland Minnesota and roughly 2.5 miles away from the westernmost tip of Washington Island, which is part of Isle Royale National Park. 

No comments: