Sunday, September 4, 2022

Border Country Aurora


 









It's been a long time coming, but last night we finally got a northern lights display to rival those that we saw during the last solar maximum several years ago! I went out just before midnight and stayed out until about 3:00 AM and the lights were very active during that entire time. As usual, the activity ebbed and flowed which kept things interesting. Several times, just as the lights were slowing down and fading and I was thinking I had seen the night's best activity, they would once again flare up and provide another round of waving and dancing throughout the sky. They were still going strong when I headed in for the night. Unfortunately I do need a little sleep before going to work later in the morning... 





















No comments: