Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Heron Surprise


 









While out paddling recently I was surprised to come across a group of herons hanging out in the treetops. There were 7 or 8 of them all hanging out in various trees along the lakeshore. I was almost right underneath them when I finally noticed them. I had been so distracted by the beautiful lily pads along the lakeshore I wasn't paying attention to what was going on in the trees.  As I was photographing the lily pads I heard some guttural noises, so I looked up and said "Whoa!" as I spotted the 3 herons in the tree almost directly above me. As I slowly rounded the point that was up ahead, I saw several others perched in the various evergreen trees. It was such a cool surprise to see these birds!

















































No comments: