Saturday, July 11, 2020

Star Gazer



















For this post I'm going to go back once again to one of my favorites, Jack Kornfield, from "Awakening is Real: A Guide to the Deeper Dimensions of the Inner Journey". 

Jack states: "When you begin to trust more and more that you can live in the present, it doesn't mean you can't think about the past or future, but you live where you are."

A little ironic, I suppose, to be thinking and talking about being in the present while gazing at the stars.  I say this because when we look at the stars we are literally looking back in time. The light we see from the stars originated long ago.  It takes a long time for that light to reach us so when it does, we are looking at light that has already existed for quite some time but exists presently for us. 

It is in these quiet moments of the night where I feel I am "in the moment" more than any other.  It is where I am living, right where I am.  

No comments: