Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Sky Watcher



















"You are the creator, enjoyer and destroyer of all you perceive."

-Nisargadatta Maharaj

I went out for a bit early this morning (around 3:00 AM) to enjoy the night sky and take a few pictures.  I couldn't help but think of the above quote as I took in my surroundings.  The wind was kicking up as I stood on Old Highway 61 gazing up at the heavens.  Because of the wind and the cold (it was barely 5 degrees above zero), many people would probably think it was a miserable night to be out.  

While the weather did make it a little uncomfortable to be out there, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the beauty of the sky and the snow-covered trees.  I could have easily let the cold wind destroy the experience for me. Instead I focused on perceiving the awesomeness of what I was looking at, thus creating for me an intensely positive experience. 


No comments: