Sunday, March 29, 2015

Zabriskie's morning palette

















I'd like to share one more image from Zabriskie Point in Death Valley.  Our friend that gave us advice on where to go in the park said that Zabriskie was his favorite location and we can definitely see why!  It is, arguably, the most photogenic area of the park.  It's probably safe to say that it is the most photographed area in the park as well.  There certainly were plenty of other photographers there sharing the scene with us!  I made this photograph a while after the initial burst of morning color lit up the clouds.  The sun had illuminated the clouds with vibrant pinks and reds, then went behind a layer of clouds which really softened the light.  That's when I made this photo.  The clouds still had color in them, but it was more subdued.  I really like the softer quality of the light in this photo.  It's one of my favorite photographs from our morning at Zabriskie Point. 

No comments: