Friday, January 10, 2014

Impressionist Sky


























Okay, pulling another file from the recent archives here.  This one was taken on December 30, 2013 as I was leaving work.  I was walking out to my truck to head home and this is what the sky looked like over the parking lot.  I had just that day received the lens that I had rented from lens rentals.com and was eager to take pictures with it, so that is what I used on this photo.  The lens is Canon's EF 300mm f2.8 L IS II lens, and in this case was used in conjunction with Canon's 2x teleconverter, making the effective focal length on my full-frame camera 600mm.  I can honestly say I don't think I've ever taken a full-on telephoto shot of clouds before.  I have shot the sky before using my 100-400 zoom lens, but usually at the wide end of the zoom range.  These clouds were pretty high, though, and the 300mm + 2X teleconverter framed perfectly the portion of the sky that I wanted to photograph.  To me this is a wonderful abstract image.  The more I stare at it the more I am intrigued by it and the more I see within it.  I'd love to hear your thoughts about it as well!

No comments: