Sunday, September 29, 2013

Maple Memories

















Although I don't do it very often, I love making abstract images.  And, I think fall is one of the best times to make those types of images.  The effect you see here was accomplished by using a slow shutter speed and panning the camera vertically while recording the exposure.  One thing's for sure when doing this type of photography: you never get the same exact result more than once.  I made at least a dozen exposures of this scene using the slow shutter speed and panning technique.  The exposures overall shared a similarity, but each one was distinctly different.  Obviously, I chose my favorite one to share.  I thought this one had the best sense of the scene that I was photographing.  While it is indeed quite abstract, you can still tell that it is a photograph of trees and a road during autumn.  I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.  If you don't like it, that's okay.  Because art, after all, is subjective!

No comments: