Friday, May 31, 2013

First Light, Foggy Morning - Pigeon River Valley

















The fog this morning was incredible.  Unfortunately I did not make it out to take any pictures of the fog at sunrise.  So, it made me go back to some photos from a foggy morning in July 2012 that I never posted.  This photo was made after a night of photographing the northern lights along the Arrowhead Trail in northeast Minnesota.  As I drove home via the backroads I noticed that there was quite a bit of fog in the Pigeon River valley below me.  I pulled over at the Pigeon River Helipad Overlook along Otter Lake Road and waited for the sun to come up.  I knew that once the sunlight started to hit the fog it would be an incredible view.  Sure enough, as the fog started to glow from the light of the rising sun I was awestruck by the beauty and depth of the scene laid out before me. 

No comments: