Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lake Superior Pyramid

















Whoa, did I ever have fun photographing ice today!  I went back to the place where I photographed sunset last night, and it sure was a different experience.  Compared to last night's wild winds and awesome clouds, today there were no clouds and the air couldn't have been calmer.  There was a light swell rolling in off the lake, and the only sounds were coming from the water as it gurgled beneath the ice.  Occasionally one of the ice plates would shift and you would hear it fall, a sound I can only say is not unlike the sound of breaking glass.  I found many formations of ice sticking up into the air like the one you see here.  I had a lot of fun isolating different areas of the ice against the sky.  I hope this ice hangs on for a while, as I'd really like to spend more time photographing there. 

No comments: